Door to Door Canvassing
Budget Work Sheet
The following information will assist you in developing budget for potential donors. It can not be emphasized enough that lead time can significantly reduce costs. Projects can be scaled, but enough lead time allows us to train and recruit within the state or congressional district.
The following need to be taken into account with September Group, LLC canvassing teams:
- Weather, Illness, etc. In shipping contracts its called “force majeure,” for us its called a “lost day.” Whatever days are determined to complete your project, add 5-10% for weather, canvasser sickness, injuries, etc., and another week for set-up, training, etc.
- Therefore, if you budgeted days at 60 days, add another 1-2 weeks for weather, training, etc.
- Script Size. Script size determines length of time at the door. Hence this can slow home’s canvassed per hour and is taken into account for pricing.
- Density. Density is for productivity and pricing. Less density, higher hourly or per door rate.
- Canvassing Days. Canvassers are out 6-8 hours a day. It’s grinding work that has to take into account various factors including Mother Nature. Canvassing crews will generally walk 5 to 6 days a week. Therefore, budgets and campaign time line have to take into account non-canvassing days.
- Recruiting. Of every 7 people we hire, only one will last past the week.
- Unemployment. A targeted areas unemployment rate is a factor in pay rate to canvassers.
- Cell Coverage. Certain geographic areas provide better cell coverage for one provider vs. another. This is a continual issue which we will have better grasp to manage after several days in the field.
- Up and Running. It will take 7 – 10 days to be at full capacity.
- Collateral Material. Client responsible for design, printing and payment of collateral material.
- Management. You hire us to manage. Let us manage.
$5,000 Set-Up. Set-up fee per CD (e.g., travel, lodging, etc.)
NA App. App pricing is client responsibility.
$2.75 - $3.35 HH. Price per household. Final price is based on density, script length, lead time, ability to recruit within CD, etc. This HH pricing includes all costs but app, collateral material and office if needed or requested.
Target is AZ CD 2. The universe of 40,000 HH with two passes per HH (120,000 total HH). If we know the targeted CD by July 2018, have target walk lists and signed contract with $5,000 set-up fee, we can price it from $2.75 - $3.05 per household. Hence project estimate: $110,000 - $122,000.
For live calling please call for a custom quote:
Robo Calls & IVR Polling
Push Poll (1 Question, 2 Answers): 3¢/dial
Survey (2 Questions Included): 3.5¢/dial
Each Additional Survey Question: +0.3¢/dial
Voicemail on Poll (30 seconds): +1.5¢/dial
Minimum Order Requirements
Robo Call: $50
Professional recording: $20 for first recording $10 for each additional question.
Rush fee (Run within a few hours) $15
We offer Free Call List Optimization
Automatically scrubs your call list to remove duplicate, invalid, and malformed phone numbers from your call list.
A RoboCall is an automated call that plays a prerecorded message to a live recipient or answering machine. We take your unique recording and send the message to your target universe. When the automated call dials the phone and your callee answers, the recording will play for them to hear.
- Increase Name ID (Candidate Self Promotion)
- State Your Stance (Telling voters where you stand on an issue)
- Endorsement Calls (Pledging your support to another candidate or having someone endorse you.)
- GOTV Calls (Get Out The Vote calls used to maximize voter turnout on the days leading up to the election.)
- Political Attack Ads (Calling out your opponent for their stance on an issue)
A Push-Poll is a one question poll with two possible responses. When you schedule your call, you select the audio to be the question and the audio for the ending. A simple intro to introduce your client is recommended, followed by your question and possible responses. When the poll is completed, a full report showing who answered the poll, how long they listened, and their responses is provided.
- Run polls on popular issues and collect constituent feedback
- See how votes respond to policy changes
Push-Polls are an extremely effective method to quickly collect information from your recipients. You can ask a single question that they can answer by pressing 1 or 2 on their keypad. Push-Polls only allow one question with two responses, which makes them perfect for Yard Sign and attendance requests. You can set a separate message for Live Answers and Answering Machines to ensure consistency throughout your call.